New Zealand Immigration Advice

In case you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three important methods to do this:

1. Complete the appliance type yourself

You’ll be able to select the visa you need utilizing the Immigration internetsite and full the appliance kind your self with the information offered by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an application form and accompanying guide. We suggest you read the information before making an attempt to complete the appliance form.

Don’t worry if you happen to get caught alongside the best way; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You’ll be able to engage a licensed immigration adviser to help you with your visa application however they must have a present licence.

A person who gives New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before participating an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to ensure the individual you are engaging has a sound immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers might solely be able to advise on limited areas).

The Government’s Immigration Advisers Authority provides data on who can give New Zealand immigration advice and explains how one can complain if you’re unhappy. They also present a helpful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you have got any problem discovering a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you’ll be able to contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is answerable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking action towards these giving immigration advice and not using a licence.

3. Interact somebody who is exempt from the license necessities

You may as well seek immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption consists of:

education brokers who are only permitted to present immigration advice on student visas

lawyers with a current New Zealand practising certificate

foreign diplomats and consular workers

workers of the New Zealand Authorities who provide immigration advice as a part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption includes:

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their staff who provide immigration advice as a part of their jobs

government employees who give immigration advice as part of their jobs

volunteers at Group Regulation Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society website can help you find a lawyer or legal agency or check that your existing lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.